Recycle/repair leather handbags

I have a couple of leather handbags, which once were very nice but are now rather worn out. In a civilised economy it would be worth a few minutes of someone's time to make some minor repairs, freshen them up and sell them. Is there anything I can do with them rather than just throw them away? How does leather get recycled?

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Got any old fashioned cobblers near you ? - they might be able to do the necessary.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

A few years ago a company was importing used leather coats from the US to the UK. A lot of these coats were in very good nick and people were buying them by weight and reselling them on carboots and markets for around a fiver each. The original destination for them was the GLUE factory I believe.# Hope this helps.

Mick

Reply to
Mick stanford