Rechargeable Batteries

One is in the nose-hair trimmer that you bought from Aldi 3 years ago, and which got buried in the bathroom cabinet. Two are in the milk frother which is in the kitchen drawer marked "rarely used" (where "rarely" means "never, but I daren't throw it out because of Sod's Law").

John

Reply to
Another John

I found one of those things in my Xmas stocking one Christmas morning about 3 years back. It slipped into the drawer of my bedside table, still encased in its plastic wrapper, and has *not* moved since.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Aren't they inside the SK?

Reply to
Huge

Just pluck them out no need for a trimmer

Regards

Reply to
TMC

Yes - until needed.

Reply to
PeterC

You're 'ard, you.

Reply to
grimly4

Solution: Provide a small receptacle in the kitchen for "dead" batteries (the small clear plastic boxes Ferrero Rocher come in is ideal).

Then check the things to rescue any rechargeables before taking them to the tip. Hint many "dead" batteries from eg Wii hand controllers will run a wall clock or other low current device for at least another year. (there is a slight risk of leakage but these days it is very rare)

I made a simple battery stress tester to separate the wheat from the chaff since I had problems with nominally matched sets of rechargeable AAs where after a year or two of use the odd one would go bad out of a set (which means that the set of four is then bad).

Batteries rechargeable or otherwise should never be thrown out in household waste. Even supermarkets provide battery receptacles now.

Reply to
Martin Brown