Real situation on 13A sockets in wooden skirting boards

Having now skimmed through the "application" section of Part M 2004, it would seem that for dwellings there is no need to comply with Part M for extensions and material alterations but the work must not make the "access" worse.

ie Cant remove only WC on groung floor if not providing another one.

So as long as the socket heights are not being reduced - no problem.

Thats my take anyway

Robert Robert

Reply to
robert

Thanks for all the replies. I'll ask the must-move-them-up guy what makes him think that; he comes well recommended by a good friend of mine so I'd like to use him if I can.

Reply to
Henry Law

An extension or a rewire however does not count. So long as the work is no worse (from an accessability POV) than the existing, then it is OK.

Reply to
John Rumm

That has to be the first case of something that has to go in a new build but not in a material alteration then.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nor did your BCO, by the sound of things!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It WAS a new build. Still is actually. Not signed off yet.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Do you think it will ever be? ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Sooon...I need the VAT back. #

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah. Needless to say, HMRC are not so accomodating as to permit claims at stages.....

No of course not. Silly me. That would be like thinking that Gordon is generous.

Reply to
Andy Hall