Re: Tiling.. wall and floor joint

> Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but having done some

> > Googling and getting conflicting info, I'm confused :) > > What is the proper way to deal with the join between the wall tiles and > > the floor tiles? > > If it's upstairs, use a bead of silicone. Grout will crack - there's > always movement between the wall and suspended floor.

I'd second that..

If it's downstairs and concrete floor, do whatever you want. > > > > And a slightly more stupid question, but since I've seen it done a few > > times, I thought I'd ask ;) > > Is using skirting for aesthetic reasons in a tiled bathroom a bad idea? > > Up to you - I think it would look odd, but it's your house, do whatever > you want! > > > > Looked ok to me, but that doesn't mean anything :), just thought it > > stopped it looking too much like a public loo... > > Or you could use half-height floor tiles to make a tiled skirting.

I'd noticed in europe that this is quite common, although they typically use

1/3rd of a say 12" square tile. So I thought I'd give it a go in my recent bathroom refurb. Everyone who has seen it, inc swmbo who is not easily pleased, says it looks good.. Cutting those floor tiles was not easy though, even with a diamond cutter. BTW in my case the floor and wall tiles were virtually the same thickness.
Reply to
BillV

"stuart noble" and stable.

One alternative might be to use flat soffit board (if you want it to be white, although some suppliers make it in a range of colours), such as this:

've used it in a kitchen utility room, the big benefit being that it didn't take up and extra 2 inches width of what was already a small room!

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Rousell