Re: Questions about water pumped central heating design

At one time General motors had a problem with the radiator rusting through and leaking into the cooler for the transmission..

The antifreeze mix has a rust inhibiter in it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I can tell my radiators are not plain steel, they're too shiny.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

GM sux. My friend's mother bought a brand new one. 6 months later, the hood rusted (bad painting at the factory). 6 months after that, the engine seized (bad tolerances in the pistons at manufacture).

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Friends don't let friends drive junk. Why did you let them buy a GM?

Reply to
devnull

My friend was always and still is obsessed with GMs. And he's a mechanic, he was hardly going to take advice from me. Admittedly his GM was damn fast and had excellent cornering.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If you wanted to drive a US made car, they all were junk, just different style and color.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

In the UK they're called Vauxhall. I assumed they're the same level of shiteness since they're the same company.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

At the time I had a Rover, so I doubt he would have listened to me. I should have listened to my dad's advice and got the diesel Ford Sierra. But the Rover had very low mileage. Same stupid mistake I made buying this Renault. Still, it's now almost entirely new parts.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Believe me, he's pretty thick. He'd listen.

Actually the car I had after the Rover was a petrol Ford Sierra and I don't think I replaced anything but tyres, brake pads, and wiper blades on it for the 5 years I owned it. Only sold it to get a faster Mondeo.

It does not steam, the temperature is fine. (Unusual for a Renault)

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You and Rod should get a room. Far too much foreplay between you two.

Reply to
Hawk

Better than f****ng your boyfriend Kinsey.

Reply to
Hawk

If I'd had a Ferrari he would have listened.

Good reason to buy cheap, then it doesn't matter so much if it breaks. I actually made a profit on a Peugeot once, I used it for 2 years then sold it for 50% more than I bought it for.

Nope, just a 1.6 petrol with a carburettor. Good at everything except snow, as it was rear wheel drive and slid about like crazy.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Hence the reason for the newsgroup foreplay and airfare is cheap.

Reply to
Hawk

Remote titillation isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Airfares are astronomical.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Was the word "if" too complicated for you?

The less you pay, the less it annoys you when it breaks.

Same thing.

Just how long did you keep your Golf?

Only car I've ever had a gearbox problem on was a Renault Espace. It actually fell off as I pulled out of a junction. Funnily enough, there was a garage on that junction. I walked over to the mechanic and told him. We pushed it into his garage and he bolted it back on.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey