Re-post: Replacement igniter for boiler

I need to replace the igniter in my old Glow-worm boiler.

someone suggest a suitable part? I don't mind making a mounting bracket.

Reply to
Graham

In message , Graham writes

If it's just a common piezo electric sparker then you may be able to use one designed as a spare for one of those portable calor gas type heaters. It's the only application of them that comes to mind at the moment.

Is the igniter electrode and wiring in good condition? The output of these sparkers is pretty low and it's easy to lose spark power through old wire or carbon coated insulator ceramics.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell