Re: How much to repair roof leak

- Jim Kee -

I live in a house in UK. Recently the weather has been very bad - > storms, heavy rain and snow. I noticed that my roof is leaking and I > am very worried about it. Does anyone in this group live in UK

- Nehmo - Probably I crossposted news:uk.d-i-y . There're a lot of UK NGs that really shouldn't be NGs on thier own. The subject matter often isn't geographically different form that of America (this includes the Canada). I think it has something to do with the UK attitude that they are somehow special.

But there some differences with roofs between the UK and America. Lead roof are unheard of over here. No one over here has a sprocketed roof (small sharp upturn at the eave). "Eave through" means gutter. And, of course, some UK roofs are much older than anything in America.

- Jim Kee -

and has had a similar problem?

- Nehmo - Has anyone had a roof leak? Sure. You have to be more specific. What type of roof do you have? Do you know where the leak is?

- Jim Kee -

Does s/he know what to do to resolve it?

- Nehmo - Yes.

- Jim Kee -

Is this a professional job?

- Nehmo - It depends. Are you afraid of heights? How dear is your money to you?

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

Many questions here refer to the specifics of electrical wiring, plumbing and heating. And they're all rather different from NA. As are questions about power tools, etc.

Woodworking etc questions might be similar on both sides of the pond - but DIY in general, not.

Reply to
Dave Plowman