Re: Drain for bath through tiled floor

I need to make a 40mm hole through the bathroom floor to couple the

> outlet from the bath to the drain. But the floor is ceramic tile, 9mm > ply and 22mm pine and I don't know where the drain pipe is from the > top. I can get under the floor but with difficulty - ie there's about > 18 inches clearance. > > Anyone suggest how to drill through the wood and the ceramic tile - > and take into account that there might be the odd nail around or screw > holding the ply to the original flooring. > > Rob

Is the bath already in place ?

Reply to
BigWallop

Hmm - I should have said that the bath can be moved. It's a good old fashioned confortable CI bath but at the moment its sitting effectively on rollers so that I can move it around.

My difficulty is that I don't want to drill blindly from the top but drilling from the underside could equally be difficult. I'm wondering about attaching a chunk of 'iron' under the floor at the right point and trying to detect it with a nail detector.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Graham