Re-celling with Li-Ion or Li-Po

I'm tempted to re-cell a couple of dead NiCd battery packs with Li-Ion/Po (with appropriate charge/discharge protection!!). It looks like it should be fairly straightforward and cheap. Has anyone here done this successfully?

Reply to
no_spam

No, but you might have difficulty in getting the correct charger for the chemistry and format of the battery.

Reply to
PeterC

also watch out for the extra heat in the cells. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Li-Ion are actually very efficient at charging, and don't generate much heat. I've only found them to get hot when they're pretty much dead. Completely different charging circuit required versus NiCds, and to get best out of them, it needs to be microcontroller based.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel