Re: C4 Racing from Newbury - 2 horses *electrocuted*

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Mike Tomlinson saying something like:

They'd only gauss about it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

I corrected that for you.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Faraday or two.

Reply to
Angus Rodgers

On 17 Feb 2011 14:41:19 GMT, Huge sprachen:

Hey, I call a spade a shovel, and I'm proud of it.

"hey let's educate the brutes, we know we are superior to them anyway, just through genetics, we are gentically superior to the working class. They are a shaved monkey. If we educate them, they will be able to read instructions, turn up on time and man the conveyor belts, sorted." #

Reply to
greenaum

:-)

Then again, I vote for electric shock therapy for all politicians, past, current & future :-)

Reply to
js.b1

One of these?

Quite spectacular, he had a hand held radio trigger gubbins where he

They call it "cable thumping."

Reply to
Andy Wade

and/or a working mobile phone network. What happens when the local mobile cell(s) are fed from the box and it's gone into lockout? No many cells have backup power beyond an orderly shut down, if that.

The fault on the local network the other wekk up here they had to keep coming back up to us to get mobile phone coverage each time they wanted to "thump" the fault. They where putting out earth current sensors of some sort giving it a "thump" then seeing which ones had registered current flows.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It'll still be going in to Winalot.

Reply to
alexander.keys1

As it happens had a power outage at a site yesterday afternoon and yep matey had one of they. Got there at much the same time and saw him using it and it seemed it might just have been a dodgy fuse or perhaps it might have been an intermittent fault on the affected phase.

Around 2-30 PM meter reckoned that just under 80 amps was being pulled over perhaps a hundred or so houses. Normal fuse rating, well the one he replaced it with was 350 Amps which according to him was the standard rating for that sort of densely populated housing area..

The meters in the cabinet were all showing the same amount of current which he reckoned wasn't that much, but he said that rarely did they see the meters showing more anyway ,well I supposed at the times they get called out!.

Hung around for a while to see if it failed again but all was well so left it for done..

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , alexander.keys1 writes

A pedigree horse and his Chums.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In the aftermath of the recent equine tragedy, please disseminate this vital public service to preclude more tragedies. Many thanks. Just so you know, I confer with Con Edison's Stray Voltage and Public Affairs Units and contribute to Wet Nose Guide and New York Dog Chat.HOW TO SLAY AN INVISIBLE DANGER.Blair Sorrel,Founder,http://

Contact voltage is a chronic hidden hazard that can readily victimize an unsuspecting dog, walker, or both. No dog lover could possibly observe a more horrifying scene than witnessing his beloved pet instantaneously maimed or tragically electrocuted. When you exercise your pooch, please exercise greater prudence. Common outdoor electrical and metal fixtures may shock or even kill your vulnerable dog. And depending upon the current, the walker will be bitten and like poor Aric Roman, suffer permanently. But you can, indeed, self-protect.

Reply to
Blair Sorrel

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

A beautiful example of Darwin in action.

Jolly good.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson