Re: Aldi's Part P(rescott) Special - 49.99

Nah that will just blow the fuse - how boring! You need to make the following*...
(Don't do this, it is a very very bad and unsafe thing to do, it is posted merely for amusement purposes)
Take an 8 way extension lead plug it into a socket in the kitchen (but don't turn it on - safety first!) now make a cable with a 13A plug on each end plug one end into the 8 way extension plug the other end into a socket in your living room (but don't turn it on - safety first!) Now make another cable like the last one, plug one end into the 8 way extension and the other end into a socket upstairs (but don't turn it on - safety first!) Now make another, plug one end into the 8 way extension, and the other into another socket in the Kitchen (but don't turn it on - safety first!) Now connect 4 separate cables to the shower, and terminate them all in a 13A plug plug them all into the 8 way extension lead turn on all the sockets (kitchen, upstairs and living room, them you can use the shower!
*If you have three phase in the house, you will probably kill yourself or burn the house down faster than if you do not.
If you do this, then you are a mad fool who must be suicidal, and I take no responsibility for you!!
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:55:18 +0100, Owain

If you do that, it's better to use spent matches. Live ones might be dangerous.
--
Frank Erskine

had this to say:

socket
No - poke the ends into Prescott - much more satisfactory
AWEM

Lit.
In the orifice he speaks from.
this to say:

http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=printpage&artid1
:-)
--
Frank Erskine

Nobody uses matchsticks these days unless they're builoding the Eiffel Tower. As it were.
Would a gas lighter work?
Mary
Is anyone honestly going to say to themself, "Ooooh! New shower for less than 50! I'm getting someone certified to fit it"? http://www.aldi.co.uk/sunday_special_buys/product_311.html
Me? I'm waiting for the consumer unit special ;-) Or a tidy saving off a 10kV 3 phase "dropper box" transformer (for my next camping trip) :-p
...but it has got plush fit plumbing so it must be good :-)