RCDs

I've seen plenty of light bulbs trip MCBs, but never an RCD.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Seen both here in this house.

All depends on what kind of earth leakage paths exist.

If capacitative any surges can and do trip an RCD.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is a sealed square 3 pin plug without a fuse. I suspect an illegal import.

It could be electrically sound in that nothing is going to earth. No short. If there is a short the RCD take over and trips. Take it from the top. RCD, MCB, fuse in plug. I would expect that the fuse goes first, if that fails then the MCB, if that fails then the RCD. If anything is to eath then the RCD take the lot out. I suppose an RCD on earth appliance may solve it.

Not brilliant. I don know how to size cable and know how it is all connected together and what to use where not to. It is that some bits follow order.

My installation is not in question. ;)

That is not what I wrote. ;)

Reply to
timegoesby

Thanks. It all seems in reverse. The one that protects people, the RCD, is first in line and drops out the whole house. The others prime function is only to protect cable from getting hot and causing fires.

Reply to
timegoesby

You, sir, are a moron.

Correction. You, sir, are an incoherent moron.

Shame; it wouldn't scare me. Anything that takes you out of the gene pool has to be a good idea. I just woudln't go anywhere near your house (while you still have one), that's all.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In article , Owain writes

So, is there anyone here who still doesn't think "timegoesby" isn't yet another Drivel/Dr Evil/IMM/News/Adam etc. sockpuppet?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

The message from Mike Tomlinson contains these words:

Me. I still think he is Dribbles even thicker brother.

Reply to
Roger

You forgot 'jon'.

Honestly, why bother?

As soon as one is clearly identified as a f****it, plonk them.

Then they simply get ignored as is their birthright.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher