rainwater drain blockage

Where a plastic rainwater downpipe goes straight into the ground, does anyone know what happens next? The downpipe appears to be solvent welded on to a white ceramic pipe at ground level but whether this just goes to a soakaway or a proper rainwater drain I don't know. If there's a right angle turn reasonably close to the surface, I might cut out a section of plastic and rod it (difficult to get your arm down there). Anyone any experience with this? The house was built in 1898.

Reply to
stuart noble

There may be an underground trap before it goes into a drain i.e. an S bend

Reply to
BillR

It doesn't drain into the main sewer and I can't see any other drain covers to lift anywhere near the property.

Reply to
stuart noble