Radiator fans.

I've got lots of 8cm fans, that run almost silently on 12V. Will putting these at the base of dual radiators, so that they blow upwards significantly increase the heat output? I suppose I'm really asking what the "exhaust" speed of a typical radiator at 50C is in a 15C room.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I should imagine it would increase the capabilities of any radiator. But why not mount them in a pelmet on top of the radiators? The advantage being that they could be directed to cool spots which will vary in any room according to draughts and the weather. Also, they would serve to lessen the amount of heat lost to the coolest part of the room: the window.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

What sizes do those patterned metal sheets that B&Q sell come in?

Reply to
Michael McNeil