rad replacement and extending tails.

I need to change two corroded radiators and I can't match them as they would have been imperial sizes - 70s house.

The pipe centres are:-

870mm

1200mm

I cant seem to find a 900mm wide rad or an 1100mm - only 800/1000mm/1200mm

in the case of the first - 870mm pipe centres, will the extending tails enable an 800mm new rad to be used.

in the case of the 2nd rad - 1200mm pipe centres, is it looking like a pipe alteration?

Or can different sizes be found. I checked B&Q/screwfix/wickes. The original to be changed old stelrad types measure 44"W X 29"H and 31"W X 24"H . I could do without lifting floorboards.

Thanks

Reply to
wounded horse

Then try proper plumbers' merchants: you should be able to get an 1100 mm rad somewhere (though probably a lot dearer than the sheds).

Reply to
john.stumbles

In message , wounded horse writes

Sheds/generalists only deal in the most popular sizes.

Should ahve no problem sourcing either of those sizes.

Check a few rad manufacturers websites, or proper plumbers merchants eg.

Download the pdf, you'll see they do the sizes you want in various heat outputs.

Reply to
chris French