R.E. on concrete paving slab? (2023 Update)

Why do I often see R.E. inscribed in large letters on a concrete paving slab? Yes I tried google but it's thinking I'm looking for "re-doing concrete paving".

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Where? Upload a picture somewhere and send a link?

Council abbreviation? Manufacturer's name?

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Seen them all over. Sometimes on a public pavement, sometimes on a path in someone's garden (the last one I remember was a path leading to two council flats - in the garden shared by the ground and 2nd floor flat).

I can't remember where they are. Can't find one online either, as "re" isn't a search term that works on google. It thinks I'm looking for "redoing garden paving" etc.

Imagine a 2.5 by 1.5 foot concrete slab, with "R.E." written in block capitals occupying 75% of the slab.

My council begins with C, and where I used to live, A.

I can't believe I've only seen one manufacturer.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

R.E. (reinforced engineering) refers to a method of reinforcing concrete with steel bars or mesh to increase its strength and durability. In the case of concrete paving slabs, the use of R.E. can help prevent cracking and shifting, which can be caused by factors such as heavy traffic, extreme weather conditions, and soil movement.

To use R.E. in concrete paving slabs, steel bars or mesh are placed within the concrete during the pouring process. The steel reinforcement is designed to provide additional support to the concrete and prevent it from cracking under stress. This helps to increase the lifespan of the paving slab and reduce the need for costly repairs or replacements.

When considering using R.E. in concrete paving slabs, it's important to work with a qualified engineer or contractor who can determine the appropriate size, spacing, and placement of the reinforcement based on the specific requirements of the project. This can help ensure that the paving slabs will meet the necessary strength and durability standards and provide long-lasting performance.

Overall, using R.E. in concrete paving slabs can be a beneficial way to enhance the durability and lifespan of the paving surface, especially in areas with heavy traffic or extreme weather conditions.

Reply to
marinipavingandmasonry

Nah, unless you want really heavy duty, most tend to want the look of stone slabs not concrete. This sounds and looks like a veiled spam post.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It's legitimate relevant advice and the only way you'll get to his business is by searching his email address. I'm pretty sure we're allowed commercial links in the signature of bona fide posts, this isn't even that. The poster /is/ missing his target market by 3.300 miles or so, although he's just down the road from where I used to live.

Reply to
Rob Morley

It is very amazing content you are providing. I appreciate your efforts.

Reply to
robertsmiths