R. Cott. 19?

Emulsion on fresh plaster.

ISTR a thread where different strength mist coat was discussed and brand preferences.

This joy now awaits so sound advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I washed the fresh plaster with a dilute pva solution before painting.

I used Leyland paints from the local trade counter.

HTH

Reply to
Mark Allread

Washed as with a sponge rather than rollered on? I'm looking at about

1/2 a house worth so corner cuts appreciated.
Reply to
Tim Lamb

I normally use a diluted coat of whatever its going to be painted with, and apply with a roller. (say 10% to 20% added water - enough to allow it to sink in an seal, but not so wet and sloppy it flies all over the place!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Washed as in using the widest brush I had. I think it was a wallpaper adhesive brush. I've not tried roller application or sponge as I find that I can apply it pretty quickly with a brush and its easier to get into any corners or fiddly bits with a brush.

It doesn't need to have a particularly even coverage just a complete coverage. Grandchildren (if any) would probably assist you in the process as, unlike paint, it doesn't matter if its a bit thick on some areas.

Reply to
Mark Allread

I use a diluted coat, too, but I've started to use paint pads instead of rollers - faster and neater, and easy to get in to nooks and crannies.

Reply to
S Viemeister