Quick bulk materials pricing survey

What are you folks currently paying for a tonne bag of:

Sharp sand Type 1 MOT All in one Ballast Paving Sand

Reply to
John Rumm

The message from John Rumm contains these words:

I usually buy my stuff loose but last autumn I did buy a tonne of building sand in a bag from my local builders merchant (no doubt paying through the nose for the privilege).

What it says on the bill is:

"Sand Building incl jumbo bag £24.21" + vat

Also on the bill 4 tonnes of "quarry waste loose 40mm down £15.06" + vat.

Earlier in the year sharp sand (loose) was £27.46 less 7% + vat while

20/5mm gravel was £28.04 less 7% + vat.
Reply to
Roger

My local shop:

guess we're being ripped off here.

Reply to
Vortex

All about 30 quid in a bag, reducing to about 16-18 in 30 ton lots.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

31 GBP plus VAT (delivered) recently from the lovely Travis Perkins

David

Reply to
Lobster

TP. PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

You could have put your hand up.

Reply to
Guy King

All aggregates are the same price at B&Q, IE: £27 a tonne....their grit sand is the best available for under paving, given that it 'sets' when compacted, although their MOT leaves a lot to be desired, mainly 'crush' - the fine stone grit which is supposed to bind it all together - I find it's mostly large lumps.

BM's around here charge £30+ for MOT / Sand / Anything per tonne (Lancs)

Reply to
Phil L

Type 1 is around £25 a tonne in 2/3 tonne lots.

On this subject I recently fitted a kitchen into a portakabin at a factory site nearby. Its a bagging plant for sand & aggregates.

The yard was full of the big cubic metre bags of sand, ballast, gravel etc. There were B&Q bags, Builder Centre Bags, Selco Bags and many other.

Inside the factory were 25 kilo bags of play sand, platering sand, gravel, coloured flint chippings etc. Again, all with different names on them.

So it seems like the same stuff wherever you buy it, so it should be the same price - but I bet it isn't!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ah handy, did not think of trying B&Q, tried Wicks (who wanted £33 ish per tonne)...

Ah, slight technical hitch, I just phones one of the local branches, but it seems it is only the warehouse branches that do the bulk materials, and the closest one of those is too far away to deliver where I want it!

Since that is what I will be doing with it, that is useful to know. ;-)

(I wonder if that is true all over the country, or if it depends on where they source it from though?)

Yup same here (Essex), £30+VAT seems common.

Reply to
John Rumm

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D\

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D/

All loose prices per tonne delivered

=C2=A321 + vat for soft =C2=A323 + vat sharp sand =C2=A323 + vat ballast

Reply to
nthng2snet

That is more like it... where from?

Reply to