Quarter of Homebases to close

But they won't know whether or not it's well done until after it's been don e and then it's too late. I wouldn't want anyone that's not done DIY to wor k on my property. Then there's who actually pays for it. If you improve the value of the prop erty by doing DIY the landlord is likely to hike the rent up, that's roughl y what happened in stratford, when they tried to move the poor up north bec ause they couldn't pay the higher rents.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes and a lot of people are told they can't do something or a warned against it.

Here at work I've been told that those in recepttion (females) can't carry parcels only post so it's my job to collect the parcels. If they ask me just once more I'm going to attach a label to myself saying "I'm as useless as a women", see how that gets to thier PC equal oppotunities and equal pay for equal work works out.

Reply to
whisky-dave

They could cut the grass and hedges - and clean the windows!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

If the landlord could supply a mower or use yuor nail scissors and if you live upstairs is not always easy to clean the windows.

Reply to
whisky-dave

My local Argos (and many others) is now an 'Ebay collection point'

At some point all these various 'final mile' delivery services will amalgamate and become something like a 'post office'.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In message , at

10:50:54 >> ... added an Argos collection point "coming soon"

Although Post Offices in the UK have never been very keen on being a pickup point (ie real postoffice boxes rather than ones which are just a redirection to somewhere else).

Reply to
Roland Perry

No idea, never been to one.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'm surprised by the number of them.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Which are only the manufacturers opinion of how it should be done...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Moonlight becomes you...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I put the instructions to one side after I have checked the contents list and just put things together until they look right. I learned to do that with Meccano, which had deliberate errors in the instructions, to test the competence of the builder.

Reply to
Nightjar

I have bought bedding plants from them. They tend to look after them better than B&Q. But that might just be a local branch thing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There's seven trees been removed from our garden in the last week, and

25-30 this year. The tallest have been 70ft+ tall.

No fines, no reason for fines.

Reply to
Adrian

Of course not. Unless trees have TPOs on them, you can do whatever you like with them, including cutting them down. Whisky-dave must be a mate of harrys.

Reply to
Huge

Reply to
Chris French

In message , at 14:34:20 on Thu, 30 Oct 2014, Huge remarked:

Unless you are in a conservation area.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Or you are in a conservation area, where you have to notify the LA of work you intend to do to trees

Reply to
Chris French

I see you missed the point. No suprise there. Just because a tree is in your garden it does NOT mean you own it or can do what you want with it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

That was my point you actually need to know if your cutting a tree down. If you don;t know then you could be fined.

Reply to
whisky-dave

You're right. I went by your drunken ramblings, not what you "meant".

If you own the garden then, yes, it does.

But nor does it automatically mean you can't.

Reply to
Adrian