Quarantine on people arriving in UK by air

One thing, if these were just cargo, their call signs do not reflect this, they are still using the passenger names and numbers on the one I heard. Apparently, Aer Lingus are not going to social distance passengers unless ordered to, relying on face covering cloth masks instead. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Yes it does say Europe flights should not be affected, but in that case I'd have thought Aussie and NZ might also be included, but NZ is in fact applying the quarantine to everyone coming in. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

I think Ryanair said the same.

Reply to
Scott

Did they leave the airport(s)?

Reply to
alan_m

I think so

tim

Reply to
tim...

I'll re-phrase that: Did they leave the airport (air-side) to enter the UK or just get on another aircraft?

Reply to
alan_m

snip

The government documents I have read do not mention mode of arrival just "people entering the UK..." .

Reply to
Robert

It would only really make any sense for people arriving from known hotspots in the early stages. Like China for example. Thermal screening will get you a fair proportion of those already showing symptoms.

We are at present one of the worlds hottest spots for the infection so it is more street theatre than anything else. People arriving in the UK today from anywhere except possibly New York and Brazil would be less likely to be infected with Covid-19 than our own native population.

Think about all the roll on roll off ferry freight traffic that would end up with their drivers in quarantine. Rules need to be thought through or you get all sorts of collateral damage.

Reply to
Martin Brown

yes I understood what you meant

I believe that as the number of passengers whose destination was the UK

mainly because as we were one of the few counties without entry restrictions at the time, there were few places to actually connect to, willing to accept you

tim

Reply to
tim...