Quad LNB

We have an old-ish (dating from a year or two after the start of digital) Sky dish fitted with an LNB, which we resurrected last year for a none Sky digital box use. I am now finding reception fails after a few minutes watching a certain channel (BBC 1 and perhaps others less watched). I'm fairly sure the box is OK, the alignment OK and the cabling is OK, but think it may be the LNB - so I'm looking to replace it.

All they seem to sell is quad LNB's, but I only need one output at the moment. Can I just connect to one output and seal up the others?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Yep. No problem at all.

Reply to
Dr Hfuhruhurr

Good practice to run a couple of cables whilst you're at it. Co-ax is cheap, and in the future you might want a digital box.

Reply to
Jim

That's a good call for future proofing. Plenty of self amalgamating tape otherwise.

Reply to
Dr Hfuhruhurr

Old Sky single LNB's are often found at boot sales. Or installer usually have a plastic bucket full of them in the garage and will sell them for a quid.

Rusty

Reply to
therustyone

CPC have several single output LNBs.

Yes. Be aware that most LNBs use a 40mm circular mounting ring. Sky mini dish LNBs just have prong that sticks into the end of the mounting arm, you can get adpaters.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yup. Or take a second co-as in so that you can use a twin tuner PVR in the future.

Reply to
John Rumm