Pulling the electric co's fuse...

In message , Lobster writes

If you want it resealed, IME its best to take the "My electrician told me to phone you" line, otherwise you may get an ear-full from the call centre droid (I did). When the guy called round, he effectively said I shouldn't have told them, as they would then want to make a charge etc. Anyway, having seen the neat professional job I did, he said he'd try to get any charges waived, which must have worked as I never got a bill.

Reply to
Steven Briggs

If you're progressing in phases like this, I'd rather buy one CU with possibly more ways than you think you'll want in the final install (there are frequently good offers on preloaded CUs+MCBs at many suppliers - both the mail-order-to-anyone and your local leccy trade counter). Then, rather than trying to take tails off the main switch of the CU to the existing Henley blocken, give each old switchfuse a temporary (but safe!) feed with a new bit of T&E appropriate to the load (6mmsq should be good for all) from an appropriately-rated CU way. Since you're sensibly not re-using the existing final circuit wiring, your new circuits will in general run from different ways in the MCB, though there might be a couple where you want to keep the existing division of circuits which your switchfusen have.

HTH - Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba