Pubs with out of date beer barrels

Maybe not, but I am confident if asked the question they would be able to come up with an informed answer.

Reply to
Scott

Unless under the guise of a "craft beer"

Reply to
alan_m

I do remember many decades ago, and when living in Southampton, that one of the UK breweries producing a popular lager was on strike, or maybe had production problems. The same brand was imported from the continent and distributed to the surrounding pubs. Regular drinker of that lager complained that it was off whereas in reality the "UK brewed under licence" variant was nothing like its continental parent and just tasted very different - and the same as I had tasted when abroad.

Reply to
alan_m

The Guinness drinkers I knew said the product brewed in Park Royal was nowhere near as good as the Dublin brew.

Reply to
Scott

^ That!

Avpx

Reply to
The Nomad

Years ago in the US, a friend who knew I drank Guinness gave me a case of the stuff. The US version tasted nothing like what I drank on this side of the Atlantic. It was truly dreadful.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Albeit a few years ago, but long after the demise of Watneys as a brewing entity, I read some good reviews about US Watneys Red Barrel :) I believe it was sold in at least one Disney theme park, possibly in an "English" pub.

At one time, or perhaps still, brand or beer names are just used to badge locally brewed beer irrespective if there was any taste connection with the original.

Reply to
alan_m

Lou's greatest ever comment

Second day of the CAMRA beer festival at Hull Minster and our first visit.

CAMRA member "We have run our of cask ales"

Lou "I am not surprised they cannot f****ng wait to drink it and fill in a note book."

Reply to
ARW