Protecting pub type table legs from rot

replying to Roger Mills, Patti wrote: I use ceramic tile under the legs that sit on concrete. Wood soaks up water and keeps the wood wet. The tile will dry fast

Reply to
Patti

replying to Harry Bloomfield, Stupot wrote: Make the bench legs about 1"/25mm shorter than the desired length and screw two 'rubber' doorstops to the bottom of each leg. They are not actually rubber but a very hard plastic-like compound that will easily take the weight. I have two garden benches and each has a doorstop screwed to the bottom of each leg. Works very well.

Reply to
Stupot