Prostate again

My PSA has gone up 40% in 6 months, having been pretty level for the previous couple of years.

Does anyone here, apart from Rod, believe that I should ignore it? I'm having an MRI scan on Thursday, by the way.

It's pure chance that it was measured after only 6 months, but I do normally get it every year.

Reply to
GB

Don't ignore it. What would be the point of tests if that was an option for such an increase?

More importantly: what does your doctor say?

Reply to
JNugent

Don't ignore it whatever you do. I have a friend with similar issues and he has had MRI scan, CT Scan and bioposy, he is seeing the consultant today for results.

Test will either reassure you or find any issue quickly which is essential.

Good luck!

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Ask your GP. That is what they are for.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The GP referred me to the clinic, hence the MRI.

Reply to
GB

I think they're more fleshy coloured.

Reply to
Fredxx

Sorry to hear this, at least things seem to be moving.

Reply to
Fredxx

Yes, I'm quite impressed with how fast the MRI was booked. I was meant to get a triage call today, but it hasn't happened.

Reply to
GB

They had me booked for a weekday MRI, which I couldn't make, so they offered me an urgent weekend one instead. They treat it very seriously, you should too, just incase.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Please follow up on this. Several years ago, I ignored a PSA increase. It had turned into Stage 3b cancer by the time I decided to deal with it. Don’t put it off

Reply to
Lucky1

Time is of the essence. Get it checked.

Bill (a survivor)

Reply to
williamwright

Exactly, get it checked!

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

I recently applied for a PSA test arranged by the Freemasons. They declined the application because I was over 80. Should I still apply to the NHS?

Reply to
healthcheck

At 81, last summer, I had an NHS test - clear.

Reply to
charles

At the 'lighter' end of prostate issues, I underwent the TURP procedure in December, 103 weeks after I'd seen the consultant and been put on the waiting list. I'd got the appointment because they'd started opening a day case ward on Sundays, one of the measures for reducing the backlog. When I'd had the flexible cystoscopy they'd found that the neck of my bladder was narrower than usual so that was dealt with at the same time as the TURP. All ok now..

Reply to
Peter Johnson