"Proper" Tanalised timber merchants?

I need to replace a very large number of fence rails, about 8 foot long by 8 inches deep by about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. I want to get genuine pressure treated Tanalised timber that isn't warped, but can only find local suppliers of stuff that looks as if it's been wafted over with a spray gun with green dye in it. Where can I buy genuine pressure treated stuff in bulk please? I am in Shropshire, but the order size should make bulk delivery viable. Thanks.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

You could try

although I've never seen larger than 6x1 tanalised, and lengths tend to be 12' or 16'.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

6 x 1? Tannalised timber is for construction purposes mainly, so comes in all the standard sizes used for this.
Reply to
Dave Plowman

Our local timber yard sell everything from 1x1" to 12x4", with all sizes in between (in 1" increments). And if they don't have it, they'll do a one off treatment for a small additional charge.

Reply to
Grunff

I've not seen it in their yard larger than 6" deep for 1" thick fencing rails. They may well have 8x2 (etc) structural timbers lying around.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

Hi,

There was a recent thread about that here:

snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com

If the fence rails are above ground the treatment isn't too critical as long as any cut ends are also re-treated.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In message , Chris Wilson writes

Are Boys and Bowden (?) in Welshpool still going ?

They might be a good place to look first

Reply to
geoff

A local company have hopefully come good

cut to exact size and Tanalised. I haven't received the order yet, but the price seemed reasonable and they were helpful. Time will tell... Thanks everyone!

Reply to
Chris Wilson