Propane / air brazing torch

Many years ago (!!!) I recall using a brazing torch, which was powered by 'town' gas and used compressed air to increase the heat generated.
I have a propane tank and an air compressor. I'd like to buy a similar torch that uses propane and compressed air supply to generate lots of controlled and focused heat for brazing.
But, I can't find a supplier. I have spent some time googling for such a torch, but can't seem to come up with one.
I wonder can any one out there suggest a supplier??
John Hewitt Malaga Spain
On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 20:59:25 +0200, John Hewitt
Just get some firebricks and build a hearth. Town gas needed blown air to do anything useful, but propane can braze on natural draught.
Personally I use oxy-propane for this. Running costs are little more than propane (gas cost is negligible below the bottle rental, which I'm renting for oxy-acetylene welding anyway). I can also have either a much smaller hot flame for small jobs, or I can fire up a 6" wide line burner that's enough heat to do some forgework with.
--
Smert' spamionam

I had the same experience and prejudices when I only had a "Primus" plumbing torch run off a propane bottle but, as the other posters say, with the screwfix gas torch kit and ordinary propane bottles I can braze / silver solder brass, copper, steel without any trouble (firebricks help)

==================Have you looked at: www.machinemart.co.uk ? You might find something under 'welding' to interest you.
As far as I remember the 'town gas / compressed air' mix was necessary because there wasn't enough pressure from the gas main to produce the required heat but propane gas tanks appear to have enough pressure via the regulator to make additional air pressure unnecessary.
Cic.

We used to have this arrangement in school for brazing steel. Definitely natural gas and a small compressor.
Cromwell do a wide range of stuff for gas welding. www.cromwell.co.uk
HTH
Smudger

Cromwell rocks
The RS of the mechanical world (but cheaper)
--
geoff

"Smudger" wrote | We used to have this arrangement in school for brazing steel. | Definitely natural gas and a small compressor.
I was told that, before Calor was available, my school used a petrol-and-air mixture for the Bunsen burners in the science labs.
Owain
Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.