Prop planes over Scotland

French I could understand, they would be trying to develop a bouncing Pomme.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Propellors make for excellent low down thrust: They are far better at short take off and landing stuff. And a lot of military planes need to get in and out of small airfields with steep glide paths and climbouts to avoid SAMS.

The are still a few dash 7s in commercial operation around the world too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

FWIW that was my first thought: we see them around here (Tyne Valley) fairly often, flaying low, on their way to and from the ranges further North. They almost always fly in a pair.

At certain angles, the under-wing fuel tanks on some variants make them look like they have six engines.

J.

Reply to
Another John