Programmable thermostat - any recommendations?

I've divided up my CH into zones and because the lounge will only be ocupied for a few hours in the evening and weekends I'd like to use a programmable 'stat.

I quite like

, the downside of these being extra work in sinking into the wall and replacing the existing

2-wire cable with 4-wire.

I wondered if anyone else had any recommendations / warnings?

Reply to
Nick2

Just fitted a heatmiser myself. Though I relished the sinking it in the wall. If you don't want to do that there are loads that sit on the top, all ugly like. If you want to see an installed photo, or need product specifics just say.

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

The Honeywell CM67 offers a lot more flexibility - for example turn the heating down on Thursday evenings when you go to drama club/pub/MIL. The wireless versions will save you any chasing and cabling problems

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Danfoss TP5. 2 wire connection, 6 weekday settings and 6 weekend settings. Surface mounted but IMHO not obtrusive. I have two, can recommend them. If I was starting again however I would go wireless to make it easier to add a another zone.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

I have a TP75 - I assume it is similar. Very pleased with it, although I have to say I eventually gave up on all the smart features (including the proportional control which was the original reason for its purchase). As a reliable digital stat, lacking the terrible hysteresis of traditional units and with 6 per day, 7-day programmes, it's excellent. I too, will go wireless next time, and experiment with stat location.

Reply to
lairdy

Thanks to this & others. I think I will go this route after all, mainly for the aesethic point of view. Also, they do a silver finish, which will closer match my dining room (the sockets are all brushed chrome, the current white 'stat looks very out of place). I don't really need (so won't use) features above basic 5/2 programming, might even get a remote control for pose value :o)

Nick

Reply to
Nick2

Nice. I couldn't find a flush mounted stat when I looked a few years back. Nice to see someone has bothered at last. I also like the mains power.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle