Profile Boxwork to Wall

Hi all

I have some piping to box in in the corner of a dining room and want to make as good a job as possible. Granted small gaps can be filled with decorator's filler, but how do I get the profile of one edge of board to match the wall while the other forms a nice vertical external corner to the box? Step-by-step guide would be nice. Easy for a bear with very little brain to follow.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Use a piece of wood as a measuring stick (small diameter dowel will do, the end shaped to a point if necessary to increase accuracy) and mark on the wood the distance, from the wall to the vertical external corner, at 1cm intervals, then transfer the marks to the board that is to be cut. This should give you a series of dots on the board which when joined up give the line that you saw along. A small spirit level can be used to make sure that the measuring stick is horizontal at each measurement.

Reply to
Factor 13

For the corner easiest is to attach a strip of wood close to the edge on the inner side, but placed back by the thickenss of the sheet material. Either 1x1 wood or spare bits of junk will do nicely.

Against the wall, is your wall not flat? If so I'd do one of the following:

  1. Make a cardboard piece first, check its all cut just right before copying to wood/pb
  2. Hold the flat wood edge to the wall and run a pencil along the wood, held flat against the wall. Thuis will transfer the profile, moved back by half a pencil width.

I try to minimise the size, smaller boxing looks much better than the usual fat stuff.

NT

Reply to
meow2222