Problem - TV looks pink with new Freeview box!!! Help!!

I have an old Sony TV set, and the colour with my equally old freeview box was fine. I got a new freeview box because the old one was seizing up on channels and had to be re-booted.

I connected the new freeview box - Sony VTX-D800U - and the whole picture has a strong pink tinge. I don't have another TV set to test it out on, and the Sony TV I have doesn't have individual colour correction.

Any idea what's going on here, and anything I can try? I did notice that a DVD player I connected to the TV also looked pink. But against that my old freeview box is fine. Is there some compatibility issue between older equipment and newer stuff? I'm using a Scart connector.

Can anybody help with this?

andy

Reply to
Eusebius

It looks as if one of the RGB channels is not driving properly. Is it possible to check what output settings your old box had, e.g. RGB or Composite, and set the new box up the same way to see if this fixes it. If it does, then the problem has possibly been there for a long time, and could be the telly or the scart lead.

John

Reply to
JohnW

The scart lead! Well spotted! I tried another lead and the colours are normal. Ironically it's a "special" scart lead with think multicore cable. So much for that!

Looks like problem solved. Great call there, John!

andy

Reply to
Eusebius

First check the SCART lead is fully plugged in at both ends. Get someone to wiggle it while you observe the picture. If the green comes and goes try a different lead.

Next check the STB menu to make sure it's not set to S-Video output - assuming you're using an RGB input. And the same on the TV.

Next try a different SCART lead. If non of this works there's a good chance you have a faulty STB.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)