Privy prop - good idea

However, his mother sounds like an absolute bitch ...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071106/ap_on_fe_st/odd_privy_prop

good idea ?
why ?
What's wrong with just lifting the seat - it requires no engineering
and if the kid can't remember to do it, hit him round the head with a bit of 4 x 2, that'll cure his forgetfulness
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

It is an interesting thing, why is it that women seem to think they have right on their side be requesting that the default state of the seat should be down? I can see little justification for men always having to raise and lower, rather than women having to lower and raise.
However, having lid closed as default can't really be argued with, and it means that both genders have similar levels of convenience.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

I agree - but I suspect that it's not as much fun for men :-)
And of course it takes more effort - all that half-undressing then having to remember to pull up the trousers again - such a bother for the poor dears ...
Mary

Recently I've taken to sitting to pee, at least at home. At work we have urinals, which would be rather uncomfortable, not to mention unhygienic. I find sitting to pee very calming, and makes cleaning up the area a great deal less unpleasant.
Edward
snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

Yes, the splash zone is perhaps better not investigated too closely. A case of getting one's own back?
I did hear (though it may be apocryphal) of some student accommodation, which had a radiator next to the toilet. They had such problems with corrosion, that they issued an edict that male occupants should sit, and radiator replacements would be chargeable.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
On 9 Nov, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

I usually do at night, less distance to fall if I nod off, and less effort than staying upright when 95% asleep.
--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

Personally, I prefer pissing in the garden looking up at the stars at night
- so much more satisfying
[insert smiley here if you like]
--
geoff

A local junior school introduced *bulls-eye* targets in their toilets as a way of combating this issue.

And bend down to pick up all the mobile telephones, wallets etc. that have fallen from their pockets:-)
Slightly aside.... has anyone noticed how some visitors firmly close the toilet door after use?
regards
--
Tim Lamb

Tim Lamb wrote:

I recall seeing urinals in France with a fly painted into the glaze at a carefully chosen point. Aim at the fly, and you get no spray.
Andy

OK until age sets in and the pressure drops...!

But lid should be closed after flushing, not before.
On 9 Nov,

<contraversial> Seat down before you flush to keep the legionella aerosol inside the bowl, and not in your lungs </contraversial>
--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

<pedant> contraversial => controversial </pedant>
I understand that it's better to keep the lid up, as otherwise the aerosol gets squirted through the narrow gap under the seat, and spreads further...

I think that we should leave aerosols out of the discussion in this context.

If you have a bog full of legionella, then stop heating the cistern.
3 errors in one post, you're out.
Anita Palley wrote:

Toilet seats have only two positions - up or dowm. Deal with it.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk