Privy prop - good idea

However, his mother sounds like an absolute bitch ...

Anita Palley

In message , Anita Palley writes

What's wrong with just lifting the seat - it requires no engineering

and if the kid can't remember to do it, hit him round the head with a bit of 4 x 2, that'll cure his forgetfulness

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It is an interesting thing, why is it that women seem to think they have right on their side be requesting that the default state of the seat should be down? I can see little justification for men always having to raise and lower, rather than women having to lower and raise.

However, having lid closed as default can't really be argued with, and it means that both genders have similar levels of convenience.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I agree - but I suspect that it's not as much fun for men :-)

And of course it takes more effort - all that half-undressing then having to remember to pull up the trousers again - such a bother for the poor dears ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

But lid should be closed after flushing, not before.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Recently I've taken to sitting to pee, at least at home. At work we have urinals, which would be rather uncomfortable, not to mention unhygienic. I find sitting to pee very calming, and makes cleaning up the area a great deal less unpleasant.

Edward

Reply to
edwardwill

In message , Mary Fisher writes

A local junior school introduced *bulls-eye* targets in their toilets as a way of combating this issue.

And bend down to pick up all the mobile telephones, wallets etc. that have fallen from their pockets:-)

Slightly aside.... has anyone noticed how some visitors firmly close the toilet door after use?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yes, the splash zone is perhaps better not investigated too closely. A case of getting one's own back?

I did hear (though it may be apocryphal) of some student accommodation, which had a radiator next to the toilet. They had such problems with corrosion, that they issued an edict that male occupants should sit, and radiator replacements would be chargeable.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I usually do at night, less distance to fall if I nod off, and less effort than staying upright when 95% asleep.

Reply to
<me9

Seat down before you flush to keep the legionella aerosol inside the bowl, and not in your lungs

Reply to
<me9

contraversial => controversial

I understand that it's better to keep the lid up, as otherwise the aerosol gets squirted through the narrow gap under the seat, and spreads further...

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net writes

Personally, I prefer pissing in the garden looking up at the stars at night

- so much more satisfying

[insert smiley here if you like]
Reply to
geoff

I recall seeing urinals in France with a fly painted into the glaze at a carefully chosen point. Aim at the fly, and you get no spray.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

OK until age sets in and the pressure drops...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I think that we should leave aerosols out of the discussion in this context.

Reply to
Andy Hall

If you have a bog full of legionella, then stop heating the cistern.

3 errors in one post, you're out.
Reply to
Andy Dingley