Privy prop - good idea

In message , Anita Palley writes
What's wrong with just lifting the seat - it requires no engineering
and if the kid can't remember to do it, hit him round the head with a bit of 4 x 2, that'll cure his forgetfulness
Reply to
geoff
It is an interesting thing, why is it that women seem to think they have right on their side be requesting that the default state of the seat should be down? I can see little justification for men always having to raise and lower, rather than women having to lower and raise.
However, having lid closed as default can't really be argued with, and it means that both genders have similar levels of convenience.
Chris
Reply to
Chris J Dixon
I agree - but I suspect that it's not as much fun for men :-)
And of course it takes more effort - all that half-undressing then having to remember to pull up the trousers again - such a bother for the poor dears ...
Mary
Reply to
Mary Fisher
On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:14:46 UTC, Chris J Dixon wrote:
But lid should be closed after flushing, not before.
Reply to
Bob Eager
Recently I've taken to sitting to pee, at least at home. At work we have urinals, which would be rather uncomfortable, not to mention unhygienic. I find sitting to pee very calming, and makes cleaning up the area a great deal less unpleasant.
Edward
Reply to
edwardwill
In message , Mary Fisher writes
A local junior school introduced *bulls-eye* targets in their toilets as a way of combating this issue.
And bend down to pick up all the mobile telephones, wallets etc. that have fallen from their pockets:-)
Slightly aside.... has anyone noticed how some visitors firmly close the toilet door after use?
regards
Reply to
Tim Lamb
Yes, the splash zone is perhaps better not investigated too closely. A case of getting one's own back?
I did hear (though it may be apocryphal) of some student accommodation, which had a radiator next to the toilet. They had such problems with corrosion, that they issued an edict that male occupants should sit, and radiator replacements would be chargeable.
Chris
Reply to
Chris J Dixon
On 9 Nov,
I usually do at night, less distance to fall if I nod off, and less effort than staying upright when 95% asleep.
Reply to
<me9
On 9 Nov,
Seat down before you flush to keep the legionella aerosol inside the bowl, and not in your lungs
Reply to
<me9
contraversial => controversial
I understand that it's better to keep the lid up, as otherwise the aerosol gets squirted through the narrow gap under the seat, and spreads further...
Reply to
Bob Eager
In message , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net writes
Personally, I prefer pissing in the garden looking up at the stars at night
- so much more satisfying
[insert smiley here if you like]
Reply to
geoff
I recall seeing urinals in France with a fly painted into the glaze at a carefully chosen point. Aim at the fly, and you get no spray.
Andy
Reply to
Andy Champ

Site Timeline Threads