Price for a new double gaze window

Looking for a ball park figure as I have no idea if it should cost £100 or £500. Window apprx 46 x 70 inches wooden. Want to replace frame and window with PVC double (possibly triple) glazed.. Located on 1st floor but presume can be done from inside. I will put out an ad in gumtree or similar so not going through the major companies hoping this should be cheaper. Located central Scotland.

Any thoughts on costs.

Reply to
ss

Online quote for supply only (I doubt transport from bedford to scotland is feasible)

or compare to off-the-peg sizes in wickes, e.g. this is approximately your size

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks Andy I will also try for some online quotes nearer home. I should also have said `and to get it fitted` so labour costs also.

Reply to
ss

jim wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Size is not a big cost driver. A frame within a frame means 8 corner welds

- that is a major cost driver.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Find a local window fabricator and ask if they can recommend a small local tradesman that they supply to.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Have a look at windowsanddoors.co.uk for unit prices.

Yes, generally fitting can be done from the inside (mostly).

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not sure where you are, but I have used William Windows

several times over the last few years.

They have their own workshop/factory and make anything to measure/your specification- many local building firms use them.

They are honest and very reasonably priced.

Reply to
JoeJoe