Pressure washer/ steam cleaner

My wife has the idea of cleaning the grouting in our shower with the aid of a power washer or steam cleaner. She has tried all the usual chemical cleaners which she finds labour intensive. Any suggestions where I can obtain reasonably priced items and or other suggestions for doing the job
Blair Malcolm
Blair Malcolm wrote:

This will be messy, and is likely to remove some or most of the grout.
> or steam cleaner.
This may work, but I personally wouldn't risk it unless I was sure the grout and tile adhesive can stand it.

If your grout is dirty/mouldy, regrout. It's not as long winded as you might expect.

Once you've regrouted, treat the grout with Lithofin MN to make future cleaning easier.
--
Grunff

Blair Malcolm wrote:

Steer well clear of the pressure washer idea unless you like very wet rooms with lots of missing grout and tiles!
Earlex make a steam squeegy attachment that goes on the end of one of the wallpaper strippers. This is designed for cleaning tiles and grout. It still makes a fair bit of mess though and is only moderately successful.
--
Cheers,

John.

I used my Bosch wallpaper steam stripper, holding the hose in a large cloth bundle to degrease/clean the grout in my shower. I also scrubbed with a brush dipped in washing up liquid and water at same time. Oh wear wellies in the shower when doing this so you can make a mess.
No problems apart from odd steaming of hands and curling of the brush bristles under the heat. Grout came up very clean. I then re-grouted using a regrouting stuff (just very white grout and some glue or other). Some of the dirty grout was in fact not mould but soap/shampoo residues.