Pressure washer couplers

I have a 13 year old Deltajet/Lavorwash pressure washer (came from Woolworths;-)

Do all pressure washers have the same outlet coupling? This outlet is a 1/2" BSP male thread, although the hose coupling seals against the internal bore of the mail coupling (which is not how standard plumbing fittings seal).

I'm looking to get a drain cleaning hose for it, and wondering if I'll have trouble matching the coupling?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hopefully TMH will be along to answer your question soon, however if you need any help in getting an attachment/accessory to fit, this seller on Ebay is really helpful and has a comprehensive range of adapters etc.

gremlin_95

Definitely, not cheap but good quality e.g. the high pressure hose supplied with Nikfisk machines is a stiff plastic with a mind of its own that remembers being coiled up for 99% of the time, they sell a decent rubber replacement.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Pretty much, some makes use a slightly longer spigot on the male.

It's not 1/2" BSP, it's M22.

Nope, all should be the same.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I got one last time Lidl/Aldi had them. Whilst not as robust as the more professional cleaning hoses, it's absolutely magic for unblocking drains.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

In this case, it's for unblocking the cast iron downpipe in another family member's home. The only access will be pushing it up from the inspection chamber - there are no rodding access points on the pipework. I may see if I can get a standard drain rod to go around the corner and up the downpipe - depends how tight the clay bend at the bottom is.

The underground drains block often, but fortunately they are shared so that's the water company's problem, and their subcontractors really do love coming out time and time again to clear it. The blockages are often caused by what look like giant curved flakes of rust from the inside of cast iron downpipes from all the houses down the road. It may well be such a piece of iron blocking the downpipe intermittently.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Well I've used mine three times in anger, in each case, drains that would have been "un-unblockable" by any other means short of excavation and its worked every time. Every household should have one. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+