Pressure washer buggered

Its hard to say with just one not overly clear pic, but my impression is that it looks clampable. I certainly wouldnt rely on epoxy to fix it, but epoxy could be used as a sealant in the gap, with some serious external metal clamping to actually hold it together. Anything like this is a bit of a bodge of course, but such machines have very limited life, so it only has to last so long. If you've got a welder it shouldnt be too hard to fab something. Whether its worth it depends on the machine's value.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

leaking water at "pump pressure" I reckon it's fooked.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I was thinking along similar lines about poring epoxy into the crack. I would heat the body up so the epoxy becomes more fluid. I have repaired gearbox casing that way but the casings tend not to be stressed.

Having said that if the aluminium casting flexes much under pressure then it's scrap or a weld job.

Reply to
Fred

He should chuck it and buy another

Reply to
Alang

Dunno about welding it. It might be a MAZAC pressure diecasting - an aluminium and zinc alloy that might not weld at all well. The localised heating might do some damage too due to stress. if you are on a tight budget it might be worth a punt or otherwise try and get another one of the same type (ebay??) with a different fault and make one good out of two duds. Otherwise buy a quality one. depends of how much you use it. Lidl/aldi/netto might be worth a look as whilst their stuff is not top quality, it is not usually total crap and it often has 3 yrs warranty. Because they stock this stuff as special lines every few months, it invariably means when you have a fault and take it back , they can't swap it for another and instead you get your money back.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Colloquially known as "shit-metal" ...

Reply to
Huge

Yes, I've had various bits of it on old cars - it's not very strong stuff, and pits something chronic. I'm surprised they'd use it for anything that was under pressure...

Reply to
Jules

Pump head has to seal against the crank. If the heat distorts anything its goodbye pressure.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman