Premium Bonds

But he hasn't.

I just about remember 1965, and a packet of crisps was IIRC about tanner.

6d, 2.5p. Which means 80 for the two quid.

They're they best part of a quid per packet now.

You can do much the same calculation for _any_ good.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

According to

£2 in 1965 is worth just under £40 today.

Reply to
John Rumm

Wagon Wheels are my preferred method for measuring inflation, not forgettng to take into account "shrinkflation"

Reply to
Andrew

Mars (bars) are another.

I can remember them at 4d each - now about £1 and smaller

Reply to
charles