Power planer & bench grinder buying advice

I've had a look at a Black & Decker (KW712) and a Bosch (PHO1) planer, both of which are £39.99 in Homebase (also a Worx one for £2 cheaper, but not familiar with brand). Also had a look on Ebay and there seem to be a lot of other models and brands that are unknown to me.

I'm also looking for a bench grinder to grind mower blades, chisels, etc. on (nothing too heavy) but have only seen the cheap made-for-shed brands in real life. Ebay has a multitude of brands I've no experience with. Don't want to spend more than about £15-20 here, but doesn't have to be new.

Would appreciate some advice in both cases as to whether or not I'm looking at a sensible price point for each tool and what brands you've had good/bad experiences with. It's for hobbyist use, so not very often ... though when in use it can be quite hard (I've just killed my £20 belt sander after only a year of operation ... grrrr ....).

al