Power consumption of 1 ampere

old
replaced!)
Thanks Christain, it is a 6A Tyre B MCB, so I guess my DIY book is out of date.
So I have 1380W available, simply moving the floodlight will cure my worries then.
You may say then why not just switch it off, I would if there was a wall switch for it!
The joys of a new house!
Bill

You could save yourself a bit of work by swapping the bulb in the floodlight for a 300W instead of a 500W*.
You say you have either 60W or low energy lamps in you 8 'other' pendants, so:
540W (Big fittings) + 480W (8x60) + 300W (Flood) = 1320W (Panaaaah!)
No it does not meet the letter of the regs, but a degree of pragmatism in these areas works wonders, unless you really _do_ want to have a little play ;-).
* t'missus 'll never notice the difference, particularly if you do it when she's at the shops :) ps: 300W 117mm halogen lamps are avail almost anywhere, and under 2quid if you really look hard.
--
fred

PIR + Gaffa Tape = Wall switch ;-)

regards Tim

The 1A is probably the 12Vdc supply rating. The AC input is likely to around 15W, (about 0.065A) not worth worrying about or moving for now.
--
Steven Briggs

Question is wrongly put.
An amp doesn't consume any power. It is a measure of current flowing when a certain power is being consumed and will depend on the voltage being applied.
(Assuming DC or RMS with a purely resistive load)
At 230 volts, one amp will be flowing when there is a load of 230 watts.
At 12 volts, one amp will be flowing when there is a a load of 12 watts.
Power (in watts) = Volts X Amps
Hope that helps....
Nick