Potterton Profile pilot light is always on

Hello All

Does anybody have any ideas why the pilot light on my profile 50e never goes out - even if I switch off the electric?

My guess is the pilot gas valve is either sticking or worn out. The boiler fires up as normal, with both solenoids click and clunking. There are no ignition clicks though - but I guess thats because the pilot flame has already been detected.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem? I'm pretty capable and have fixed other parts of the boiler but I don't want to have to mess with the gas supply for obvious reasons!

Thanks Clive

Reply to
stompo

its normal !

if you turn the gas off and let the thermo-valve cool down and switch the gas on the pilot ligh will need to be re-lit

Reply to
NikV

Looks like it must be a sticking gas valve. Turn off the gas and get the gas valve replaced.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I'm surprised it will go through the ignition sequence. I thought most boilers checked there was no pilot flame sense electrode conduction before starting the ignition sequence, to ensure the ignition sense electrode is not shorted out by dirt rather than sensing ignition. Maybe the Profile is too old for that check.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel