Potterton lockouts

I have a Potterton 100 boiler. I was experiencing, like so many people

the occasional lockout. At first I thought it was due to the overhea thermostat tripping. The fault was intermittent.I realised it was not. I found out that other people were experiencing the same problem and i appears that this is caused by a faulty batch of PCBs.

However, I tried something which may be of help to others, before th PCB gets damaged beyond repair. I wired the power to the boiler via a surge prottector strip such a used for computers. These are cheap, Belkin type at less than £5.00 from ebuyer.com. For two months now I have been monitoring the boiler daily. N lockouts. It possibly is a coincidence but I figure if computers need protectio from surges, even fluorescent lights and drills etc or even dimmers ca cause enough surges and interference on power supplies, why not protec the PCB?

I hope this helps. If I get a lockout, I shall report it

David

-- DAVIDA

Reply to
DAVIDA

Even if this works it might only put off the evil day for a period of time. The fault seems to be progressive on many boards. Most people would find that whilst the process of pushing the button a few times a day is not per se a big deal the inconvenience of find that the boiler has stopped working several times a wee is worth the cost of the repair.

Most other boilers even ones made by Poxi-Batterton don't require regular resetting.

An exchange using from cetltd will be much less than £100 and really fix the problem. PS. Don't buy a new one over £200 and probably not much better than what you 're removing.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

You are probably right, I live in hope. Certaily if the board goes I shall replace it from where you suggests.

Many thanks

Davi

-- DAVIDA

Reply to