Portacabins

Hi All

Anyone know for sure what the walls of a Portacabin are made of? I'm guessing two sheets of ply with insulation in between?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Portakabin is a trade name, so do you want to know about a genuine one? Or just any old transportable room? I'd say there's no standard anyway - you might for example want a secure one?

'The Bill' found this out after running a story mentioning a 'Portacabin' burning down. The owners of the trade mark got very upset and sued - seems theirs don't burn...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The one's we work on wre normally stud work with 6mm ply liner and 9 mm plasterboard.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Do you mean Portakabin(TM)? If so, why not ask them 0845 3 59 59 59

Most of this sort of construction is a primed plywood outer covered with a polymer resin finish, or steel likewise, fibreglass insulation, and then an inner skin of vinyl-faced plasterboard. Sometimes a wallboard is used in cheaper things.

Owain

Reply to
Owain