Poor toilet flush

Hi, My toilet doesn't flush properly. A reasonable quantity of water comes down, but the side furthest from the cistern doesn't get wet. The unwashed section is about 15cm wide and tends to get smelly. I have noticed that the toilet isn't level and is leaning back. The back of the rim is about 1cm lower than the front. Obviously this isn't ideal, but do you think it's enough to cause the problem? Or should I be concentrating on increasing the water flow. I'm pretty certain there a no obstructions in the rim. I'm less certain about the section between the cistern and the rim - It's so hard to access. Any helpful advice would be very welcome.

Thanks Ben

Reply to
jjimjam

At a guess, I think that it might well be enough to cause the problem.

Would you be able to adjust this?

Reply to
Rod

You could try blocking the wc with a rag or a bunch of plastic bags. Add a couple of packs of kettle descaler, fill to the brim, and leave overnight. If it doesn't help with the flow, at least it'll dissolve any scale under the rim

Reply to
stuart noble

I reckon that is more likely than the flow rate.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman