Points changer finished

He will have bought a 3D printer by then and be making the stuff out of printed ceramics and nanotubes. The angle grinder will be screwed to the lounge wall as a reminder of the good old days.

Reply to
dennis

dennis@home wibbled on Friday 02 October 2009 13:59

If I ever built a house from scratch (ha) I'd want one of those clay robot jigs (aka "A robot shat my house").

Reply to
Tim W

when I was living over there.

I remember an expedition to the museum at Foxton (at the time I was scouring the land for bits of old electrical switchgear to populate a

1940's switchboard in a wartime generating room) and they've got some nice stuff there. IIRC they'd run lines out on the public roads, which is probably something that no other country would allow a museum to do :-)

Oh, the amount of 'heritage' engineering stuff still kicking around in NZ was staggering - in some cases sitting in piles at museums, in others in peoples' back gardens and sheds, and sometimes even still in-situ in abandoned factories and workshops. Never seemed to be any money to *do* anything with it, but it's all still there with potential at least (unlike just about any other country I've been to, where it's all gone to the scrapper years ago)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

Large-bore drain in the middle of the room and a waste pump - after all, who knows where that stuff's going to go? :-)

Reply to
Jules

It did me after my lunch time pint and a half :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Visions of adapting lorry windscreen wiper systems for the walls...

Reply to
Bob Eager

danger and fun very nicely. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Mit

on. At first it looked like the far wall was sloping toward you at the bottom!

Reply to
John Rumm

A chrome bottle trap would look sooooo much better - the side exit of the pipe would let you lose that as well!

(still perhaps there is a pedestal to come we have not seen yet!)

Reply to
John Rumm

The other shower doesn't seem very straight either:

's supposed to be a ruined building.

Reply to
Matty F

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Jules saying something like:

The Shitower lives!

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon