Pointing

Any advice on the best (or least bad) position for doing it on a roof?

I'm pointing at least some of the parapet walls on the main roof ('cos it turns out the roofers who did them 12 years ago were lying bastards). It's a typical small Victorian terrace and I have a roof ladder and fixed belay rope. But I end up either flat on my face because I slip on the artificial slates or contorted because the chimney stack keeps the ladder too far from the wall.

Or is there a further volume of the Kama Sutra that deals with this stuff?

Reply to
Robin

In message snipped-for-privacy@outlook.com, Robin snipped-for-privacy@outlook.com writes

Could you make up a triangular box matching the roof slope? Perhaps attached to your safety rope or with a strut resting on the parapet foot.

Alternatively an 8' x 2' piece of ply with cross battens to lay over the slates.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

D'oh! A crawling board should have been the obvious next step. Thanks.

Reply to
Robin

Don't know about artificial slate but some foam softening under the board might be wise.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Thanks: I keep an old foam sleeping mat for that

Reply to
Robin