ply/mdf joint options

Yes. I have tried using the router version, and you lose most of the benefit of the proper machine (i.e. speed and ease of use). The action with a router is non intuitive (needing to "plunge sideways"), too easy to cause unwanted damage, and the cutter is not big enough to make the slot in one hit. The dedicated machine definitely wins in this case.

Reply to
John Rumm

I have the Ferm, and its good enough to be usable just - with a few caveats[1]. Each time I use it, I can't help feeling I should have got something a little bit better...

in fact, want to buy a Ferm in good condition? ;-)

[1] The first one I had was not capable of cutting a slot parallel with the base. Returned to SF for exchange. The replacement is better - but its still easy to get the fence set out of square - it tends to pull out of alignment as you tighten it. Hence you need to take care to hold it in place when locking its position. It plunges ok, anc cuts good slots. The dust collection is poor using its bag (it just tends to clog up inside), but is ok if you hook up a vacuum.
Reply to
John Rumm

quote me happy? ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

After that sales pitch?

Reply to
John Rumm

having goggled a big more the cheapest is surprisingly at Wickes:-

has anyone used one? or recognise it as a rebadge of something er suboptima l?

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

You may be impressed by the translation feature in the new Google Groups. It decided that your post was Czech and invited me to translate it, and got the same result!

Translated by Google - Czech ? English - View Original Always tra nslate

Reply to
Matty F