plug heights

Very likely. So get it signed off then move them to a sensible place. ;-)

It might well make some sense for things like a vacuum cleaner that is used for a short time then moved. But with the plethora of stuff we have plugged in all the time these days it's a nonsense.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Might be difficult convincing someone on the 20th floor of a new build block that their sockets might get flooded.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Not quite sure why you'd be worried about sockets being flooded. A drop in the ocean compared to replacing everything else that would be ruined. And I dare say they're one of the few things that could be cleaned up OK.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It does make sorting the whole mess easier if the electrics are out of the way. And having the electics still working during the flood can be useful to eg run pumps.

Our electrics did survive the flood, but not the builders hacking away the plaster and hitting the cable...

Reply to
Clive George

Which is why I included this sentence:

Whether or not a particular location is liable to flooding, from weather or plumbing, is another matter.

Reply to
polygonum