Please help i'm stuck in bell push wiring

Hi there guys, I'm Uzair from Pakistan. Here we have 3 phase 4 wire system and while my house was being constructed, i put two wires (Red & Black) from main distribution board to one of the pillars of the gate for bell push.. Now when i connect one of the three phases with the red wire and black with the neutral and i connect the two wires with the bell, after the bell button is pushed it sparks... I am not getting what is the procedure to wire a bell button.. Isn't it like a phase directly to one point of the ell and neutral to the other?? Please help me and explain how to wire a bell push so i can conmect a bell at my house

Best Regards, Uzair Amir

Reply to
Uzair

:) :) :)

Reply to
F Murtz

Very creative....

Reply to
Tim Watts

Use a transformer in the house and run low-voltage (say 12 volts) wiring to your gate, and connect to a low-voltage bell. See for example

Chris Hogg

No, use a neon-sign transformer to run 15kV to the gate, then you don't need a bell at all, you'll be able to hear visitors scream from the house.

Reply to
Andy Burns

What? Are you sure this is not a wiring for an intruder deterrent? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Why are you being serious? the OP is not.

Reply to
F Murtz

You need a bell transformer so only 5-8v goes out to the gate.

You might also find your bell is fried by the mains voltage.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

whoosh..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If the OP gets the primary and secondary of his bell transformer confused, it won't be far off that!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

====deadpan responses snipped====

Quite! Even you should have resisted the urge to respond. :-/

Reply to
Johny B Good

That posting was bad on _so_ many levels, it just wasn't worth wasting any time to attempt a reply.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Why? three :) is fun.

Reply to
F Murtz

When I tried to read the OP's post, the quote "It sounds like english but I can't understand a word you say." came immediately to mind. :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

Oops! More accurately, "It sounds like English but I can't understand a word you're saying."

Reply to
Johny B Good