plastic edging and corners for plywood box construction?

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

If 12mm ply is suitable, I'd use the joining strips from bathroom wall panels

panelling is 11mm, so 12mm would fit with a bit of sanding. The profiles are aluminium in 3m lengths at about =A310 per length.

auctions

Its true, I really do intend to try it. I have a rusty old bike that I can take the mechanics off with an angle grinder, I am waiting for my bamboo to grow.

Reply to
dennis

:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

The type B corner looks to be just the thing. It would be better if it was smaller in section to hold thinner ply but I could use packing pieces with the thinner ply.

-- Regards, Dick Treen

Reply to
treenoakio

te:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

tilepanel is only 3mm thick, so you could use the profiles for that and make the thing from 4mm ply.

Available from bathroom showrooms or plumbers' merchants.

auctions

What we sused to do was glue up the (coated) ply, put ally angle over it,drill through and pop rivet, add corners with screws, and line the inside with foam.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This, more or less, was always going to be an option and maybe it would be adequate. It's just that in my mind's eye I can see the perfect stuff. I can imagine it but I can't extrude it. :-)

-- Regards, Dick Treen

Reply to
treenoakio