Plastering with Hardwall

Just a quick couple of questions on plastering as I embark on renovating my bathroom:

1) Some of the walls need patching where the backing plaster has come away from the wall. I'm going to fill out with Hardwall and then skim the whole lot with Multi-Finish. Hardwall can be skimmed either same day or next day without needing to PVA but I'll have a wall that is half original plaster and half new.

Do I PVA the whole lot or just the existing plaster ? Not sure I would want to PVA the Hardwall as this will still be drying and it would effectively seal it up before it's had a chance to dry ? I don't want my patches to dry out quicker than the original plaster and vice versa. What would a plasterer do ?

2) I've used sand and cement for patching before. When this is starting to set you can rub it down with a float to get it perfectly smooth. Not sure if this applies to Hardwall too ? Can anyone confirm? I know it needs scratching up to give it a scrolling key but when I've used it before it's never been as easy to get it perfectly flat when trying to rub it down.

TIA for any help.

Reply to
Andy Hide

Just use bonding coat everywhere. No need for PVA.

Reply to
Mike